Panera Fuji Apple Salad with chicken is loaded with flavor and the homemade dressing really sets it above the rest! There’s so much to love about this salad. It’s sure to be a favorite you’ll want to make again and again.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Panera Fuji Apple Salad the Perfect Lunch?
Healthier food doesn’t need to be boring. The Fuji Apple Salad from Panera Bread proves just how deliciously making better food choices can taste.
It comes loaded with seasoned chicken, crunchy mixed greens, tart red onions and tomatoes, sweet apple chips, crunchy toasted pecans, pungent blue cheese, and the best vinaigrette you have ever tried. Eating smarter never tasted so good.
Why You Should Try This Fuji Apple Chicken Salad Recipe
Panera Bread has some amazing dishes on its menu, but the one thing you won’t find is a great deal. By making a Fuji Apple Salad yourself at home and bringing it to work, you can save a lot of money, while still getting all the classic flavor you love!
Save your cash for that after-work splurge with this Panera Bread Fuji Apple Salad copycat recipe.
Panera Fuji Apple Salad Recipe Ingredients
To prepare the chicken, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
For the Garlic powder salad dressing, you’ll need:
- White balsamic vinegar
- Apple juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
For the salad, you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby arugula
- Red onion
- Apple chips
- Pecans, toasted
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salad dressing
Use high-quality store-bought apple chips like Bare or try making Air Fryer Apple Chips.
How to Make Panera Bread Fuji Apple Salad
To make the copycat Panera fuji apple dressing:
- Add all the salad dressing except for the olive oil into the jar of a blender or food processor. Alternatively, you can prepare this salad dressing by hand.
- Run the blender or food processor on low and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Store in the fridge until needed.
To cook the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pat the chicken dry and season liberally on both sides with the salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the seasoned chicken on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Cool the chicken on a wire rack.
To assemble the Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad:
- Slice the cooled cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Slice the red onions as thinly as possible. Use a mandolin for paper-thin slices.
- Dice the tomato.
- Place the salad greens and toppings in a large bowl.
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients and serve.
What to Serve With Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
You don’t really need anything else to make this hearty salad a filling meal, but a slice of bread, a bowl of soup, or half a sandwich would be a welcomed addition. Here are some of the most popular copycat Panera Bread recipes.
How to Store the Salad
No one wants to eat a soggy salad, so if you are preparing your salad the night before to take with you for lunch the next day, here are a few tips to keep help keep the ingredients nice and crispy:
Any extra salad dressing will keep in an airtight container for up to a week. Give it a good shake before using it.
More Panera Copycat Recipes
Find even more recipes for Panera salads.
Favorite Salad Recipes
Check out more of my easy salad recipes and the best copycat Panera recipes on CopyKat!
Panera Fuji Apple Salad
You can make Panera fuji apple salad with chicken at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups apple chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
Fuji Apple Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fuji apple juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chicken inside the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp is 165°F).
When done, allow the chicken to cool slightly before cutting it into thin strips.
While the chicken cools, prepare the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor and mix until fully combined. Pour the dressing into a container.
Add romaine lettuce and arugula to a large mixing bowl.
Top with sliced chicken and the remaining salad ingredients.
Toss well and add the dressing before serving.
If you can’t find fuji apple juice for the dressing, use regular apple juice.
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 3231IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2mg